Sunday, January 24, 2010

Cohen's First Weeks Home

For the most part Cohen was a very healthy and happy baby! He rarely cried except during the first week when he would try and eat. He had a very difficult time learning how to latch on and suck right. After about a week of both him and I crying through most feedings in frustration I decided I would just pump and bottle feed him. That also quickly got old...but I continued at it and tried to get him to latch on once or twice a day but didn't push it. Eventually at about 3 1/2 weeks old he finally got the hang of it! Here are a few of the many pictures we have of Cohen's first weeks home!
Cohen during one of the many photo shoots we had with my mom and her camera....so cute and so little!!!

Here is Cohen playing daddy's guitar...TJ always talks about how he can't wait to teach Cohen to play the guitar...he's the best daddy!

Cohen cuddling with Grandma A! Grandma came on the 20th of August and was there for Cohen's birth. She was such a great help. Laundry was always done...everyone got fed very well...and she even got us out of the house! She also did such a great job taking lots and lots of pictures...I'm so glad I have so many from Cohens first 3 weeks home...I wish she could be here all of the time to be my personal photographer! Thanks again for all that you did Grandma we love you!

Cohen during another photo shoot with grandma. This is one of my absolute favorite shots that she got. He is such a great baby...and other than some difficulties with feeding he was a happy content amazing boy!

Aunt Meme with Coey. Merilee came out the 11th of August and left the 8th of September to go back for school. We had lots of fun mostly just hanging out before Cohen was born...we did go on a few adventures (St. Louis Mills) but we mostly just stayed in and watched a lot of Friends and took lots of naps! Merilee was also there for Cohen's birth....she was also such a great help! We loved having her and are so greatful for all that she did! Cohen loved cuddling with his aunt Meme....he misses her lots and lots!

Merilee and I playing with our new favorite toy!

One of Cohen's very first outings was on a ferry boat tour of the Mississippi River in downtown St. Louis. My dad suggested we do this and I'm really glad we did. It was lots of fun and educational too!


Cohen's first trip down to the Arch with Grandpa and Grandma.

Cohen's very first outing was to the St. Louis Science center with mommy, daddy, grandma and aunt meme. We went to a omnimax film that was pretty cool than just walked around. It was a pretty quick outing but we still had lots of fun!!!

Cohen sleeping on daddy in his dino jammies....he love, love, loves his daddy!

First week going to church: 1 week old! I really thought that after having a baby I would want to stay home for a couple weeks before going back to church...but TJ was eager to show off his baby boy so we went (just to sacrment meeting)...Cohen was perfect and slept the whole time!

First bath at home...his cord stub hadn't quite fallen off but was very close at this point so we decided to put him in his little bath....he looks so little! He did very well and only did the heart-wrenching chin quiver a few times!

When Cohen left the hospital he had a billi level of 14.1. When we took him to the doctor on the 27th it was up to 17.4 so they made us do the whole billi bed extravaganza. I absolutely hated this though...he was on it for a week and we were supposed to keep him on it all the time except during feedings! Yeah right I just had a beautiful baby boy and I can't even hold him or dress him! Plus a nurse came almost everyday and poked him with a needle in the foot to draw more blood. In order to get off the billi bed the billi level has to be below a 10...it took Cohen a whole week...probably cause we had a hard time leaving him on the bed!

Cohen sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed...isn't he the sweetest thing you have ever seen!


Daddy was assigned to dress Cohen but decided to just cuddle instead...I love my boys!

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

What a handsome baby boy! Aren't they just so fun at this stages.

Beth Willmore said...

He is so cute Ansley! I'm glad your mom and sis could come over and help you - and I'm glad that he finally got the nursing thing figured out. Those pics of him snuggling with TJ are so cute!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

I love this post....miss you guys...

The.Packer.Family said...

Ansley, he is a cutie! what a handsome little one you have!

JKGROSS said...

Sure is a cutie :)

Life with the Thibeault's said...

Such a beautiful baby boy!!! Congrats. Love all the pics and updates.