Monday, January 3, 2011

Half Marathon/Trip to Idaho

On October 30th I ran in my very first race. The Halloween Half Marathon in Provo, Utah. I had set a goal to run one and honestly never believed I could do it. Registering for the race and paying the $45 fee  + a visit home to see my family was just the motivation that I needed. I didn't run the whole 13.1(I walked about 1 1/2 miles of it) so I'll just have to do another one. I was really happy with my finishing time of 2 hours and 26 minutes though. The run was so much fun and had some amazing scenery. I couldn't have been happier to see my parents and Cohen at the finish line.






After my race we headed up to Idaho because Merilee was putting on her big Halloween event at BYU-Idaho. She did such and good job and we had a lot of fun. Cohen loved running around the big auxiliary gym and playing with his aunt kitty.




After Halloween was over my dad decided that his grandson should look like a little boy so he treated Cohen to a haircut at Great Clips. 





Finished product. Thanks Papa!


Cohen absolutely loves my dad. He loves to follow him around wherever he is going and help him do whatever he is doing. Papa needed some help getting his work done and sure enough Cohen was first to volunteer for the job.

3 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

love your post....but wait...it's been too long....since you've been to Idaho....missing you tons, Come back soon, we love you guys, good luck TJ with your interview...

Jordan and Lindsay said...

Way to go Ans! That is awesome, I wish I had that motivation. I've been wanting to do one but it just hasn't happened yet. Cohen is getting so big, he is so cute!

The Dunyons said...

just a couple things... cohens hair is amazing! you are my hero, and one day i hope to run a 1/2 marathon like you, and last....congrats on t.j. getting into school! glad to have you closer!