Saturday, July 17, 2010

Christmas Karma

Funny story:
In deciding what rooms we would put everyone in while they were here it made the most sense to put Merilee in one of the upstairs rooms in TJ's grandparents house. TJ's grandma calls this room her heritage room. She has hung lots of beautiful pictures of her ancestors and has antique looking decor throughout the room. This room totally freaks Merilee out. She says that she has seen way to many scary movies to be able to sleep with a bunch of deceased persons hanging on the walls. I gave her a hard time about it, removed a bunch of the pictures from the walls and she finally agreed to sleep in the room. While she was getting ready for bed Nikki and I could resist the temptation to scare her. I hid under the bed and Nikki hid in the closet. When Mer came out of the bathroom and into the room Nikki popped out of the closet door and made the creepy grudge noise and I popped out from under the bed. We scared her pants off...it was so funny she was jumping and screaming for at least a minute. Following this she moved all her stuff downstairs and refused to sleep up there so the room remained empty until my sweet niece and nephew came and slept in it without a complaint.

Then Christmas Eve Nikki and I decided to wrap up one of the pictures and give it to Merilee. It was also pretty comical except for the fact that it ended up in a few of my cute Christmas pictures of Cohen. Guess that's karma.


3 comments:

merileesue said...

seriously that is what you get..... lol good times. I had a good laugh about it but will be once again refusing to sleep in that room in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see you guys and spend my break with you!

Mackenzie said...

That's hilarious!

Steph said...

That is the funniest thing!! Plus I love that you will remember that story forever because it's in Cohen's pictures, haha!