Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Very Eventful April

April was a crazy fun filled month for us. Morning sickness was also in full swing by this point so it was good to have such a busy fun filled month to distract me from how awful I felt. I did have to take all the pictures from my mom's blog though because I failed to take any. Our first trip began to Omaha to see my dad and pick up my mom. We stayed for a few short day. Cohen loved getting to hang out with his Papa.



One day we toured Spencer's campus (Creighton University)

We had to leave Omaha early Thursday so I could get back to teach Gymnastics that evening. We had Friday in St. Louis then my mom and I left for Wisconsin early Saturday morning and stayed till Monday afternoon. Because it was going to be such a short trip and we were going to be doing a lot of time on the plane, layovers, and in the car I decided to leave Cohen home with TJ. It was hard and I missed him a lot but I was so glad we didn't take him and it was nice to get away for a little while. When I got home the first thing TJ said to me was "I didn't get anything done!" 

My mom's father was from a small town in Wisconsin called Plymouth. Most of the family stayed and still live there. It was fun to meet and get better acquainted with relatives I've either never met or only met a few times. 


This is me with Great Aunt Betty. She is one of the people that I get my middle name Elizabeth from. She asked me if she could be my Godmother and I with no reluctance agreed. I had the most fun getting to know her. She is an 87 year old woman who this summer reached 70 years working for the same law company she started with as a 16 year old girl. She is one amazing woman and I hope I get the chance to meet up with her again. 


My mom's cousin Jon and his wife collect and restore old cars. TJ would have loved to see their collection. This is them with one of their Model A's.


This is the house where my Great-grandparents lived.


My mom, Jon and me

I was so happy to get home to my baby. As nice as it was to get away I missed him terribly. I couldn't really even talk about it while we were away cause I would get a little emotional (going to blame that on pregnancy hormones). We got home Monday evening, and had to leave for Jacksonville, IL to babysit the Karlindsey's on Tuesday evening. Glenn and Dayna were going down to Costa Rica to house hunt and offered to pay me to watch their kids for a few days while they were gone. My mom was nice enough to agree and go along with it. It was so helpful to have her there with me. I was able to leave Cohen home with her while I ran the kids to and from their various activities and school.


Sneaking in a quick haircut before our trip to Jacksonville.


We had a fun busy week in Jacksonville then we drove back to St. Louis Friday night so my mom could catch her plane the next morning. TJ took her to the airport so I could go listen to Stephanie Nielson speak which was an amazing experience. We headed back to Jacksonville Sunday evening after church then Dayna got home Tuesday. I left and got home with a few days to get ready to leave that Friday to Idaho.

We had so much fun in Idaho. One of the highlights was the trip to the zoo. Not a very big zoo but we still had fun and Cohen loved all the animals.


Cohen and me playing in the Children's park at the zoo.



The monkey's were by far the best part of the zoo...


except for us getting to ride this tiger as a family!

I was so excited to get to be in Idaho for Easter. This is one of my favorite holiday's to spend with my family. My parent still hide eggs for us and we have an awesome egg hunt every year. 


Cohen, TJ and I post egg hunt! (TJ won unfortunately) 


Cohen had his own room to hunt for eggs in and he loved it. His basket got really full and heavy. Papa and Mema loved spoiling him while he was there.


A couple crazies...



Cohen's first time dying easter eggs




Mema  and Cohen


Merilee and me with a our Easter presents.


We had so much fun while we were in Idaho. It was nice to finally have TJ take a trip with me. It was the first time he had been back since my dad's stroke. We saw lots of friends and family and ate at all our favorite places, toured the new BYU-Idaho Center (amazing), played lots of games and enjoyed some good R&R (including a massage at sage for me!) I was sad and excited to get back to St. Louis. I counted the days that I was home in April and it was something like 8! Made for a fulfilled month but I was ready for a much less eventful month of May. 

1 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

It was really a crazy month...