We started the celebration early while we were still in St. Louie with Nana.
I love that Ledgie is my mini TJ.
Leap pad games
Planes Legos
Marble Maze
Hugs for Nana
Cohen is very in to taking pictures with my phone and I was impressed he actually took one with all of me in it and not just my shoulder or half my face.
On his actual birthday morning. TJ's family always opened gifts at the end of the day on his birthday and in my family we always opened them first thing in the morning. So far my tradition is winning. Cohen woke up to his room full of balloons to confirm that his birthday was officially here. Then we headed downstairs to open gifts before TJ had to leave for school.
I totally spaced buying wrapping paper and so I used some christmas paper but put the christmas print on the inside and the back was plain white, then I decorated it with markers. How's that for thrifty. Cohen loved it.
Cohen picked out this stuffed dinosaur and after about a week of fighting over it we went back and bought one for Ledger. Now no one really plays with either of the dino's we just had to have!
Cohen got a big boy bike for his birthday. We actually ended up taking this one back because it was really heavy and exchanged it for a lighter one. We took the training wheels off right away and told him to ride it just like his strider. We didn't help him at all and within a couple of days he was riding a bike like a pro. I'm pretty sure I was like 7 before I learned to ride a bike so I was very impressed, and a proud mama. Ledger has now taken over Cohen's strider and is doing an awesome job of trying to keep up with his brother.
In keeping with the tradition of the year before I dropped Ledger off with a neighbor at nap time and Cohen and I went on a little date to Science city. We played, went to a movie in the planetarium, and daddy even came over after school to hang out with us for a little while.
After Science City we went back home to pick up Ledger then went to chick-fil-a for dinner and then back home to set up for Cohen's birthday party.
Instead of a big party this year we just did and Ice cream Sunday party for all of kids in our neighborhood. It was lots of fun and we had quite the slew of options for toppings. I used my favorite app Red Stamp to create Cohen's invite and just sent it out via text to all of the moms.
Ledgie thought it was really funny to stick marshmellows in his ears. Crazy kid!
We had such a fun day celebrating Cohen's birthday. I cannot believe he is already 4! The morning of his birthday he came in our room to tell us it was his birthday. I asked him why he knew it was his birthday and he said, "because my room is full of balloons!" Then I asked him how old he was? He told me 4, and I told him there was no way he was 4 because he is getting to big to fast. Then he told me, "don't worry mommy, I'll still snuggle you!" Melted my heart. I hope you still say the same thing when your 14 kid because there is nothing I love more snuggles with my Coco bean.




















0 comments:
Post a Comment