Tuesday, April 22, 2014

TJ Turns 30!

 Ledgie is obsessed with shoes. Especially mine. Here he is modeling my boots that go clear up to the the top of his thighs.


 Olivia, Cohen, and Lexi have a little refreshing treat.

I was super excited for post season. I made these little tomahawks for the me and the boys to experience "choptober" to the fullest. Unfortunately we didn't get to use them long. Boo! It was still fun through and Ledger still frequently does the chop. There is always next year!

I'm really sad because I didn't get any pictures of TJ's surprise birthday party. Friday I picked up 60 glazed donuts and 2 dozen donut holes from Donut King. The Bartholomew's made hot chocolate, and the Horrocks made hot wassail. TJ's mom and Jay came in town for the celebration. When TJ got home from school we went to pick up Jay from the airport then went to Chick-fil-a (it's pretty much where we go for everyone's birthday). Then we headed home and Cohen had his first violin recital. He did such a good job and I will try to upload the video later. During the recital our neighbors were busily setting up in our back yard. I then had one of the neighbors text TJ to see if he wanted to come out for a fire. TJ went and looked and all of our friends and neighbors were outside waiting. It was so much fun and we are lucky to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. I was so proud of myself for pulling off the surprise and we had such a fun night!

The next morning was TJ's actual birthday so we opened gifts first thing. The boys were so excited to give them their gift...


They got him Croods, a hot wheels car, and sour patch watermelons. They picked it all out on their own. 

They don't get much cuter than these three.

A tie and giant bag of pistachios from Pops and Gem


We had roll up pancakes for breakfast, went shopping at Zona Rosa, Noodles and Company for lunch and headed home for a quick rest. Then we had a sitter come watch the boys and we went down to the Plaza to eat at Houston's. It was TASTY!!! Then we headed over to our favorite cupcakery right next to Houston's and got a few of our favorites. Mirae and Jay left Sunday mid morning and we spent the rest of the day watching conference and working on that large bag of pistachios. The boys are crazy about them and eat them faster than we can crack them.


It turned into a whole weekend celebration and this guy definitely deserved it. He is such an amazing husband and dad. I really wonder how we got so lucky?! Thirty looks good on you Teej! We love you!!!

0 comments: