Friday, August 27, 2010

Lake of the Ozarks

Friday after TJ got home from work we left to go to his Mom's Lake house at Lake of the Ozarks. Thanks again Mirae for letting us use it and letting us bring some friends along for a fun weekend. We took a couple of friends from our ward. The Richters: Mikel, Emily, Krew & Sway. And the Nelson's: Tyler, Lindsay & Lyla. Thanks guys for the fun time and all of the great food. Each family made one dinner meal and everyone brought more than enough food for all of the meals in between. We swam, played games, watched boats/storms, ate, talked, laughed, hiked, ate again, relaxed, and enjoyed a nice weekend with great company.

Monkey boy and his girlfriend.

Cohen waiting for lunch at Shorty Pants. Thanks Mirae for the gift card. The food was awesome.

Love this boy!

Tyler, Linds & Lylas on our Hike


Natural bridge

Aren't my boys cute...it was really hot can you tell?

Krew in the Castle window...eating a PB&J

A big spider we saw up by the castle ruins.

Sway eating his greens...


Trying to get a picture of the babies

The old castle ruins on the ha ha tonka hike




The water tower....the servants lived below it.

The boys got a little crazy swimming in the lake. Gross! I much prefer the well chlorinated swimming pool.
Beautiful sunsets and views for the lake...

The boys grilling away.

Our dinner that we made for the bunch...think we made enough???

Of course TJ has to correct me on how I'm doing something wrong in the kitchen again...and he wonders why I hate to cook....
Unfortunately Mirae sold the Lake House last weekend so no more trips to the lake : ( ! We are so glad we had the opportunity to visit so many times though.

4 comments:

merileesue said...

TJ did that to me with the cozy coupe.... I completely understand. Good job on the update, I am so proud of you once again!

Randy and Ashley said...

I don't think you did make enough shish ka bobs. Those things are good!!!

Southern Belle said...

What kind of spider was that? We saw the exact same one here, but didn't get a good picture of it and I have been wondering about it ever since. If you find out let me know!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

great job, glad you had fun at the lake house we friends, I'm happy for the pictures and update....you are a wonderful, great daughter....loved the picture of Cohen with the sunglasses....I hope it copied..