Wednesday, August 25, 2010

More Random Summer Fun

We had a new Logan couple move into our ward in early May and made friends with them at a ward Memorial Day Breakfast. Ever since then Lindsay and I have been running together in the mornings. We love hanging out with Tyler, Lindsay and baby Lyla and we're so glad they are here. Lyla and Cohen are about 6 weeks apart and love hanging out with each other.

The two lovebirds swinging together.

Cohen and I got the chance to go to the St. Louis Circus Flora with Gina and her family because Mike was unable to go. We had so much fun and Cohen loved it. Especially all of the white pony's. I was sad they didn't have an elephant though.


Another fun thing they have in Chesterfield to do during the summer's are free concerts in the park. We went to the first and second one but after that it was either too rainy or too hot. We had fun at the ones we went to though.

Cohen playing on the blanket during the concert. Mirae told me that everyone brings strollers so I packed mine all up and turns out no one (well hardly no one) takes strollers because there is barely enough room to squeeze through all of the chairs and blankets on the ground. I got quite a few nasty looks for running over blankets but needless to say I left my stroller at home the next time.

Tyler and Lindsay love to hike so we've gone on a couple short hikes with them this summer. This was the first one it was only about 3 miles and pretty easy. The bugs were nasty but other than that it was an ideal hike and lots of fun. Cohen seemed to enjoy the ride as well.

TJ and Tyler with their precious cargo.

We also got to go down to Mirae's lake house at Lake of the Ozarks and she treated us to a much needed pedicure. We ate lots of yummy food, swam a lot in the pool, and got some much needed R&R.

Cohen sitting with Nana during her pedicure.

0 comments: