Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ATLANTIS

At the beginning of August we headed to Paradise. TJ's mom took as to Atlantis for our summer vacation and one of the best parts of it was that she paid for my sister to come too. It was so nice to have an extra set of hands to help...and to enjoy some sister time!

Packing. Notice my detailed list on the bed. Essential.







Everyone is happy to be at Atlantis!





Merilee got in a couple hours after us. She had to take her bus by herself from the airport and we had no cell service so I was super anxious about how we would meet up. I kept telling TJ that I would just go wait for her. Luckily I did because as soon as we got to the foyer she walked in, a lot earlier than we expected. Sister's intuition.







The Rainbow Pool. This was one of Cohen's favorite pools because it had a rainbow and rainbow colored tiles on the bottom.



LAZY RIVER
Not so lazy. This was more of a ride, complete with rapids and waves. Cohen loved it. Ledgie was to little to ride, so we all took turns.



TJ's mom bought some little waterproof cameras that we took down the lazy river and played with in the pool.


Rapids

Waves. Merilee and I dumped out of our double tube twice on one ride around.

The wave maker.






With the help of his Aunt Meme, this boy was swimming on his own all of the time. (Well, with the help of his life jacket).






Behind a waterfall

These pictures make me laugh so hard. Sorry Mer, had to include them.



Have you seen the commercials for Atlantis. If you have then you have seen this slide. Scariest thing ever and I've done it once and will never do it again.

Yep, that's a shark tank you go through. All closed in of course.



A little nervous about the slide.


The aquariums were amazing and half of our pictures are of these giant 6 ft stingrays. They were amazing.

Cohen holding a starfish




Eels.


Hammerhead Shark

We also had the fun opportunity of swimming with a Sea Lion. Cohen loved it. Ledger, not so much. Boy did my littles look cute in their wet suits though!


Again had to include these. Best pictures of the trip came from Merilee.



Feeding Sunny, the Sea Lion some lunch.


Mirae didn't want to touch a fish.








THE FOOD
Oh, the food. It was to die for. Did I mention I gained 5 pounds on this vacation. We ate, and ate, and ate. I've never been so full. It was also some of the very best food I've ever tasted.








Giant Yachts. I could not believe how much money people had at this place.


Cohen picked this flower and gave it to Nana.


TJ and Jay got a couple of opportunities to go diving. TJ of course had the time of his life and got to go in one of the airplanes that is featured in one of the James Bond movies. 





Aunt Meme was such a big helper. She even bought Cohen some little toy sharks as an early birthday gift. But the best present she gave him was playing sharks with him in the tub. Such a good aunt!

Atlantis Vacation Thoughts: Totally amazing, wonderful, once in a lifetime experience. Because of how expensive it was, and we didn't pay for anything, we will probably never go back. It was overpriced and ended up having a lot of hidden fees attached where Mirae thought she was getting a better deal than she actually was. So, we will probably never go back, but we are so glad we had the chance to go. Oh, and I'm taking Merilee on every vacation with me! She was so helpful. We are so grateful to Mirae for taking us to this beautiful place. We made amazing memories that we will never forget.

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh I'm so happy that you guys got to go there! In October Jared and I are going to the Rui which is next door to Atlantis. Much more resonably priced and ALL INCLUSIVE so no $5 bottles of Snapple... but the best part is, we can go and buy park passes to play in the water park at the Atlantis while enjoying our included food at our place!

You look super hot by the way and I LOVED the pictures of Merilee, she is so funny, especially the tub picture playing sharks!

Carrie said...

The pictures are so pretty, they almost look fake! Pretty sure Ry and TJ have the same swim shorts too. Looks like tons of fun…thanks for sharing! PS: If Merilee is too busy, I will be happy to free up some time to be the nanny on your next vacation. I have experience and great references:)