Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Summer-time Fun

 We had lots of fun this summer. TJ ended up doing Research at the school during a big chunk of the summer. It ended up being a lot more hours each week than we had originally thought and so the boys and I filled our time with lots of fun activities.

Mr. Ledger loves to suck on his binki upside-down.



My friend invited us to go blueberry picking with them and I had never been. To be completely honest I don't think I had ever seen a blueberry bush in my life before this. So Cohen put on his yellow boots and we headed to the blueberry farm. It was lots of fun and Cohen LOVED it. It was hot though so we only lasted a little over an hour. We took our blueberry buckets up to the checkout and paid for them. We also stopped in the store to get some blueberry lemonade (so good) and a blueberry muffin! My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.

Poor Ledgie was stuck in the stroller pretty much the whole time.

Look at all those beautiful blueberries. They were so delicious.





Most Sunday's we would walk to one of the parks close by or go on a hike in Parkville.



I love my BOB, but it was taking up my whole trunk and I needed a smaller double for the car. We found a place in Independence that sells really nice strollers for really cheap. When I saw this brand new Mcclaren for $90 I could not pass it up. I still prefer the BOB for the parks and runs though.

Cohen and I made an Airplane collage

One of the perks to living in Riverside is that they offer free swim lessons to their residents for 6 weeks every summer. The pool is about a 1/2 mile away so we walked there every day for lessons than walked home.



Of course we went to Science City! This is Union station, the main hall. Science city is just off to the right of where I'm standing.

We also made a trip to St. Louis to hang with our fam there. We went to the Zoo and Pops was our map navigator.



Nana and Jay were especially concerned about Cohen's safety after watching him ride his strider. He seriously has no fear! So they took him to the store to pick out a helmet. Jay even put his on to show Cohen how cool it is to wear a helmet. 


 My cousin Aaron and his family came up to visit his sister Heather who lives in Olathe. We headed down to see them and went to Deanna Rose Farm. It was so much fun and FREE on weekdays. They have lots of animals to pet, feed, and even ride. 



Always in the stroller...



Aaron's youngest daughter's name is Ansley. I was so excited to have someone in the family with the same name as me. We couldn't miss the opportunity to snap a picture of the two Ansley's together.

Every Thursday morning our library has story time. Our library is within close walking distance as well, so when we weren't doing swimming lessons we headed there for story time. This is Cohen doing a cute dance where they were supposed to balance their bean bags on different areas of their body. 




We love the library and love reading lots of books while we snuggle in the rocking chair together.

If you know Cohen well, you know he loves "dice-a-saurs!" Crown Center had a free exhibit on dinosaurs so we headed down for playgroup to check it out.



 In Heaven, riding all the dinosaurs.


Side story: After we were done at the exhibit we were going to check out a place where they make chocolate on the 3rd floor. We headed to the elevators and my friend and some other people were getting off. Cohen weaved his way through them and got into the elevator. I was trying to get the stroller in and the doors shut and up the elevator went. Luckily my friend was there so I left Ledger and took the stairs to the 3rd floor. Cohen wasn't there so I ran back down to see if he had ridden it back down. My friend said that some people had gotten off and told her that he got off on the 3rd floor with someone. I panicked but didn't stop moving. I ran up the 3 flights again frantically searching for him. The parking garage is right next to the elevators so my mind immediately thought of how easy it would have been for someone to take him. Then I saw him sitting on a bench with a police officer and I broke down in tears and told the officer how sorry I was and it was an accident. She seemed unfazed by the whole thing, like it happened regularly, and let me take Cohen without asking any questions. We headed downstairs and grabbed Ledger and went straight home. We had a long talk once we got home about NEVER getting on elevators before mommy, and staying right next to mommy at all times.

These little stinkers are lucky they are so cute!

At the shopping center Zona Rosa they have a small children's play place that we would go to when it was to hot to play outside.


1 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

love this post so very much....you are such a great Mommy...