We had such a fun Halloween this year. We started the festivities off by throwing a Halloween Party with our next door neighbors for the neighborhood. Well, those on our side of the street. We asked some people to bring chili and some to bring cornbread. It was amazing and I sampled most of the chili's and they were all delicious. We also served hot chocolate and dessert. I saw a trophy at Target in the dollar section and it inspired me that we should have a pumpkin carving contest. One pumpkin per family could be submitted. Not many people carved though, they were too busy enjoying the food and the nice night we were having. The kids enjoyed it though and carved their pumpkins. I also had a guessing jar full of candy corn. One person guessed the number above the actual number, and another guessed the number right below it! I filled up another jar and gave them both a jar to take home.
If you do not have the Red Stamp App downloaded on your phone, pause, go download, then come back to this. I made this cute invite on it and just sent it out via text to all my neighbors. You can do so many more awesome things with it also.
Our two cute winners!
Cohen and Olivia snuck inside to get some more screen time in. These two love their TV!
I made my kids costumes this year. Well sort of. There was quite a bit of sewing involved, so yes, I made them. I wanted them to be Hiccup and Toothless from "How to Train A Dragon," one of Cohen's favorite movies. It was stressful for me, but they turned out pretty darn cute and you can't see their slew of imperfections in the pictures.
Brown leggings: Walmart. Faux fur vest: Kmart. Helmet: Amazon. Shirt: Mine, I just took it way in, cut the slit. and added the strings to the top and the arms. Sash: Hobby lobby, just a strip of suede fabric.
I had to include this picture solely because of Ledgie's face!
Toothless. Pants: Walmart. Jacket: Target, I added the eyes using felt, and the ears and horns using jersey fabric and stuffing. The wings are made of cardboard then wrapped in the black jersey fabric using spray adhesive (Ledger didn't not like wearing them though, so I would not waste my time doing those again).
I just bought faux fur and sewed it together then put it over Cohen's snow boots!
At the town trunk or treat a few days before Halloween.
Alexis and Cohen on Halloween before we went out!
HICCUP POSES
This picture made all the work worth it. They loved them. Even though no one knew what they were, the boys loved them and that is all that matters!
TRICK-OR-TREAT!!!
I LOVE OUR NEIGHBORHOOD!!! We just walked all the way around, then we were done. The boys had more than enough candy. We didn't have to drive anywhere and they boys were in bed by 8. My kind of trick or treating. I'm thinking Wreck-It-Ralph next year. I said I would never make costumes again. I may just have to though!









2 comments:
I totally recognized them! You did so good on their costumes! I made my kid's costumes last year as well (they were a witch and frankenstein), and I swore I would never do it again. My daughter is already planning Halloween costumes for this year, and it looks like it's going to be Wreck It Ralph. How funny!
You did such an amazing job!!! I love their costumes! And that Halloween party sounds SOO fun!
Post a Comment