Thursday, April 18, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

At the beginning of December, my dreams came true and I finally got to go see Les Miserables. It was amazing and LOVED it! I could listen to the soundtrack all day long. It was fun to get dressed up with my hubby and go out! This was our December date package!

It was so much fun decorating the tree this year. This is the first year Cohen has really gotten in to it. Both the boys loved helping me decorate for Christmas. Ledger did a good job of un-decorating the tree, daily!



I went to send some Christmas packages and it wasn't too cold outside so we walked. Well, I walked, and the boys got to ride. It was nice though cause they were strapped in. People looked at me like I was slightly crazy. Waiting in line with my packages and a wagon full of crazy boys. 


At our library they built this awesome igloo out of milk cartons. Cohen loved it!


My neighbor Nichole is amazing. She has helped domesticate me in so many ways. She works full time but she is still always so on top of things like making halloween cookies, gingerbread houses, and etc. She invited us to come make gingerbread rice krispy treat houses with their family. Cohen helped me decorate his house and did an great job.




In October I got called to be the Young Women's 2nd Counselor. I love my calling, and I love my 
young women. They are such an awesome group of girls and I learn so much from them. We went ice-skating the beginning of December. I just watched. Ice skating is not a talent I possess. 

Rudy the train came to Union Station and we had to see him! (really, not that cool, but Cohen loved it so that is all that mattered) I thought you got to go for a ride, but you actually just walked all the way through the train looking a ton of Christmas decorations. My guess is someone didn't have anymore room in their house and decided they could store it all in a train! 



Union Station's Christmas tree

They had a fun little train for the boys to ride. Because we have a Union Station membership the boys got to ride for free. This was definitely the highlight of the outing.


The boys also got to go see Santa and Mrs. Clause. TJ was confused at first and thought there were two Santa's, he had never seen a Mrs. Clause before. I thought they were the cutest pair ever, and Mrs. Clause was slightly less scary and so Ledger was okay with her holding him. 

Ledger is a messy eater! He got a bath in the sink one night after being especially messy.

This is the usual glare we get from our sweet Dedgie poo.

We had a little pre-Christmas party with a couple of our neighbors. TJ made a bacon wrapped turkey. It was pretty yummy, even though I don't love turkey. We also did a white elephant gift exchange and after putting the kids to bed we played games. We love our neighbors!!! They really have become our family away from family.
TJ loves OREO's. He has a method of the eating them, and feels it his responsibility to teach his boys. Dad's get to do all the cool stuff!


Cohen all bundled up to go outside and play in the snow.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the date night package idea! I am going to have to copy that one. It makes me a little sad to see Ledger getting SO big, I feel like we hardly know him! We're gonna have to change that when we move back:)