Monday, April 1, 2013

Oh September!

I'm back and a new 9 week challenge has started, which still includes daily journal entries. Hopefully this challenge I can get the rest of the way caught up. September was lots of crazy, busy fun. We tried to fit in lots of outdoor activities before the weather cooled off too much. We also had to work really hard to sneak in anytime with daddy since 2nd year is usually the busiest.

These boys love for me to hold them both and sing them a song or two before they go to bed. They are getting a little big for it though so most times I have to sing to one at a time.

RIVERFEST

Every year Riverside has an event called Riverfest. They have blowup toys for kids, mechanical bulls, bands, and food trailers. It is kind of like a mini fair, and brings out Riverside's finest crowd! We are talking Blackfoot fair kind of folk, only on a smaller scale. Anyways we decided to go again for lack of anything better to do and it is free so we couldn't pass it up. 







Cohen and Daddy had a blast in the bouncy houses!


Poor Ledger is going to look at this blog and think all he ever did was sit in his stinkin' stroller. At least I documented that he was there, right? This was also his first time holding his own bottle! Finally! I wouldn't peg him as lazy, just a good delegator, like me!


This boy is quickly taking after his brother in the "crazy" department! My kiddos are fearless!

Climbing the stack of chairs at church...when can they go to nursery???


And just because I think he is so darn cute...





We love the park right by our house. It's the perfect walking distance, it doesn't have rocks, sand, or wood chips, and the toys are just the right size!


Cohen purchased Hungry, hungry hippos with some of his birthday money. He calls it "Happy Wimmos," which we have all adopted as its name now. He loves it and asks to play it almost everyday. Ledger loves it too, but mostly just trying to put the marbles in his mouth. 





I took a quick trip over to St. Louis with my neighbor to go to Time Out for Women. Gem went with us too, and we had a great time. It was nice to recharge my spiritual battery and get some much needed "ME" time. One of the speakers there, Mary Ellen, was a good friend of TJ's aunt and uncle Dayna and Glenn so I snapped a picture of her and Gem together. 


 Excuse the graphic image: This boy has learned how to take his diaper off himself! He hates to be wet or poopy so he takes it off! I'm hoping this will benefit me in the future with potty training???


TJ was gone late one Friday night so I packed up the boys and went for an evening run. The boys were whinny and I just needed them strapped in somewhere and quiet. After 5 minutes, both boys were completely out! Great! I let them sleep while I finished a long 3 miles, I'm so slow! On the way home I decided we needed a treat so I stopped at sonic. We grabbed a strawberry shake and I was really craving a coke (there goes any calories burned from the run!) The boys woke up in time to take there share, and that they did.  Ledger gave me the face below accompanied by a screeching noise anytime the straw was not in his mouth. 

There is a little mini train about 10 minutes from our house that lets the kids ride for 50 cents a ride. It is about 3 minutes long but Cohen loved it. We went a couple times, and will definitely be heading back in the spring when it reopens. 
 Cohen and his "Viviva"aka: Olivia






After the train ride we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings with our neighbors. These two were too cute together watching a movie on the iPhone.


0 comments: